Do you have Print Spooler Errors?
Problems: Print Spooler errors are a fairly common problem on Windows-based systems and prevent you from being able to print.
Symptoms: When you try to print and receive an error message that is similar to the following message: "Spooler subsystem app has encountered a problem and needs to close"
Recommendation: To find and remove problems that can lead to print spooler errors, click below to get the free download.Download Now: Print Spooler Error Repair Tool
Diagnose and Repair Errors
SparkTrust PC Cleaner Plus can fix many system problems, including issues that lead to Print Spooler errors.
Follow the steps below to find and fix Print spooler errors.
- Step 1:
- Start the Download for the SparkTrust PC Cleaner Plus Print Spooler error Repair Tool.
- Step 2:
- Click Run or Open and install as directed.
- Step 3:
- After scanning, simply click Fix All to correct your PC’s errors and issues.
What is the Print Spooler
The Print Spooler is a Windows service that should be running by default whenever you are logged in to your computer. Although it has no user interface and no visible window, it constantly monitors printing jobs carried out by an application such as Microsoft Word. The name of the program file is spoolsv.exe. This is the interface between your printer and any application which you attempt to print from. If the service stops working or reports an error, you will not be able to use the printer.
What Causes Print Spooler Errors?
Print Spooler errors are normally caused by a problem with your printer drivers. This may be a result of not having the correct drivers installed for your operating system. In other cases, the service itself may be not be correctly installed and running. Also, when you are attempting to print too many documents at once, the print spooler may encounter an error if you are trying to print out more material than the operating system or printer can handle.
How to Fix Print Spooler Errors?
Try the following options to fix Print Spooler errors.
Option 1: Restart the Print Spooler ServiceYou should try this option if you generally do not encounter Print Spooler errors but do on occasion when you try to send too many documents to the printer at once.
- Open the Start menu and type "Services" into the search box. Click "Services" in the "Programs" section at the top of the results.
- Scroll down the list of services until you find "Print Spooler" listed in the "Name" column. Right-click on it and click "Restart."
- Alternatively, you can simply restart your computer or log out and log back in again.
Option 2: Reinstall Your Printer Drivers
If you frequently encounter print spooler errors or other printer-related issues, then it is most likely caused by a problem with your printer drivers.
- Open your Web browser and navigate to the printer manufacturer's website. Visit the support section and download the latest drivers for your printer and operating system. If there are no drivers available for your operating system, then the printer may be incompatible with it. Remember that you need 64-bit drivers for a 64-bit operating system and 32-bit drivers for a 32-bit one.
- Run the downloaded file and complete the installation wizard to install the drivers. You may be requested to restart your computer afterwards.
Option 3: Run a System Restore
If you have not encountered the problem before, yet now it continues to happen, there may be a problem with your printer-related system files such as spoolsv.exe. System Restore will often fix such problems.
- Click on the Start button and navigate to All Programs > Accessories > System Tools > System Restore.
- Click "Next" to continue.
- Choose the last restore point created before the problem occurring and click "Next." Be aware, however, that any programs installed after this point will be uninstalled and any drivers will be rolled back to the previously-installed versions.
- Wait for System Restore to restore your computer and click "Finish" to restart Windows.
The simplest and most effective way to resolve Print Spooler errors is often by using an automated repair tool that can fix many of the issues that lead to Print Spooler Errors. SparkTrust PC Cleaner PLUS is an easy-to-use program that scans for errors and other issues that can affect the overall performance of your PC.
- Minimum System Requirements
- 20 MB free hard disk space for initial installation
- Microsoft IE 6.0 and above
- Logged on as administrator
Operating System RequirementsWindows 7 (32 & 64-bit), Vista (32-bit), XP (32-bit)
ABOUT SSL CERTIFICATES