If your business is doing transaction online you need to be Payment Card Industry (PCI) compliant. This increases the trust your customers have in your site and helps you avoid stiff fines and bank blacklists. SparkTrust Certified has the tools to help you go through the PCI compliance process, including the Authorized Scanning Vendor (ASV) scan every three months.
What is PCI?
The Payment Card Industry Standards Council, often referred to as PCI, was formed in September of 2006 by Visa Inc. International , MasterCard Worldwide, American Express , Discover Financial Services and JCB International. To reduce online fraud, the group regulates online transaction security standards. It places some of the responsibility onto businesses for how they store such data as customer credit card numbers, payment details, or personal information.
If a business is found to not be in compliance, they are often fined, subjected to higher transaction fees, or even suffer termination of services with a particular bank. Banks can also face fines if they continue to deal with businesses that fail to PCI compliant.
The PCI Process
There are four levels of PCI compliance. They are primarily based on the volume of transactions on your website. For example, Level Four is less than 20,000 VISA e-commerce transactions in a year, while a key component of PCI Level One is having more than six million VISA transactions in a year. The majority of businesses fall between levels two, three and four, which require a Self-Assessment Questionnaire and a routine ASV scan. The Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS) establishes the security requirements for online payments. SparkTrust Certified ensures your website surpasses these standards.
What SparkTrust Will Do
SparkTrust Certified will:
- Complete thorough audit scans to identify website vulnerabilities, based on PCI standards
- Manage automated audit schedules
- Provide a Self-Assessment Questionnaire (SAQ) validation tool
- Do a PCI compliance status analysis
- Keep you on track with a dashboard that displays an overviews of the audits and compliance status
- Assist you with our experienced technical support personnel
- Provide advanced technology that can increase conversion rates and visitor trust